28.3.10

Las Peliculas

I have been given so much grief at work for not seeing a plethora of movies...Super Troopers, La Bamba, Friday, Star Wars, etc. I was telling BA about it and we have decided that there are certain people that love to watch movies. Erin would watch One Fine Day every day like three times a day. Her family looooved to watch movies together on breaks and that was a source of bonding for them.

My family however was a bit different. Our Christmas breaks were filled with intense games of Mexican Train (in which we had to say- I HAVE ONLY ONE LEFT!), summers were filled with intense pool basketball games and wall ball off the back of the house was a must.

One of the things I love most about my Dad is that he plays tennis every sunday against our next door neighbor. Every sunday without fail, when I call he tells me that he either got creamed or destroyed "public enemy number 1".

I don't think there is any point to this post, except to defend those of us that don't get your movie quotes. I don't know the "cough cough, merman" or "Luke I am your father" but I can sure as heck make a pool basket from the third step left side and destroy you in a game of Spades.

Game on movie people...

No comments: