30.3.09

Meat Market

So some of you may find my job a little fuzzy...but as of right this second I am working in the meat market (I'm vague for a reason...it's the most dyke job ever). Anyways, I work in the market and wear a white coat and the whole shebang (cussing and spiting excluded) and I really enjoy it. It's interesting and the guys are really fun and we get a really good workout in and it's really not that bad. Until this afternoon...

So we get off work a little early nd I putter around and need to do a little bit of grocery shopping, so I head to the HEB by my house (horrible produce, always busy, not ever an easy trip, I'm scared to death of working there HEB) and am looking for a specific kind of meat that we sell at our meat market. Groot (one of the meat guys) told me that bison is a great buy and really good for you. (p.s. I hope you're laughing about me talking to a man named Groot!). So I am looking all over the HEB for some bison meat. I walk the entire case twice and keep catching the eye of the meat market guy and finally get the nerve to ask him. This is how it went down...

Lynn: Umm, I work for HEB and am in the market and Groot recommended some bison meat. Do yall have it?

Market guy: Holy Sh%t you don't work in the market! Which store?

Lynn: A25 and I really just want to find this meat.

Market: What do you do in the market? Are you a cutter? Do you F-ing (insert real word) throw truck?

Lynn: Yep I throw truck. No I don't cut and I really want to find this meat.

Market finally walks me to the meat and it's all out of date so I walk away completely empty handed...classic experience at that store.

All in all though, I'd take meat market over unemployment any day. At least I think so...

No comments: