18.3.09

Bike Rides and Nose Dives

Today I had the pleasure of dropping by Waco and hanging with Joe for a few hours. It was beautiful outside and we decided to take a quick bike ride and soak in the sun. Aside from riding with no hands and good conversation, Joe brought up a few of my biggest wipeouts which brought a flood of good memories (okay not so great, but still kind of fun).

Once when we lived in Grosse Pines (the BEST Neighborhood EVER...complete with huge trees for climbing, no fences, moms that made otter pops and a three story l-e-g-i-t fort in our backyard...money), we were riding bikes and I totally ate it...like sobbing and not being able to breathe from hitting the curb too close. Anyways, I tore up my foot really bad(blood gushing) and hobbled home only to get yelled at for not wearing tennis shoes whilst riding. Seriously Dad? In my deep pain, and bloodied birkenstocks I was so frustrated.

The best wipe out story was just a few years ago...Joe and I had both gotten longboards but had never boarded together. I had been talking myself up for weeks about my skill and overall awesomeness. So after a great Easter meal, we grab our boards and hit the streets of Southlake. Within two feet, I eat it big and my board slides down into those big gutters that are n the street and Joe has to go fish it out of the drain. It was horrible!

Regardless, I still wear sandals when I bike ride and would give anything to ride my bike all of the time.

MaybeI can join the Butter Cream Gang?

Regardless, summer is definately upon us. I have exprienced more joy in saying "ado" to winter and "Hola" to summer. Windows down, budding trees, laying out, suntan lotion, Jack Johnson (shout out Amy), bike rides, warm car...I adore it!

Forget SB09...it's summertime!

No comments: