26.7.08

White Sheets and Wood Floors

I lucked out royally by living in the sweetest little house in Austin. Ellingson Cottage is just what I love in a house...wood floors and huge white crown molding. It's fresh, crisp and so clean. Or so I thought...

Tonight I crawled into bed ready to wind down(after a long, hard day at the heb) and noticed that my feet were filthy! I could have probably bypassed the whole situation if I didn't have lovely white bedding that shows every little speck of anything. At first I was appalled! And then I thought a little bit about it...

Maybe it's kind of like us and God. We think we're okay. We've got the perfect situation where things seem nice and clean, and then when we really stop and get honest, it's not really that way. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Maybe we are supposed to slow down sometimes, and face the fact that we have dirt stuck on our feet that we never knew we had. Perhaps get face to face with our junk?

Maybe I should just sweep the floor and wash my sheets...

No comments: