20.7.08

Summer

My best childhood memories are from Rochester Hills Michigan. Everyday we would hop in the car and go to swim practice and then spend the entire day at the pool. We'd eat lunch there, have a few tennis lessons and then at six o'clock all of the dads would come up and we'd order pizza. By that time, I would be beyond fried and my feet would be bleeding from running around so much in the pool.

It's weird growing up. I walk out of work and the sun is setting and it's beautiful. I always hope that somewhere, there are crisp children pestering lifeguards while their parents enjoy a few minutes over a pie.

I think this also rings true when you were a kid and would fall asleep in the backseat. Do you remember that feeling? Complete peace that you would wake up in your bed the next morning, in your pj's. Wouldn't it be nice to be put to bed now?

Thank God for childhood (and summer!).

No comments: