23.7.08

Namaste

A few years ago I started doing yoga (sidenote: Teri hates the idea of yoga...apparently Christians can be led astray at any point during yoga. It was quite a fight to be able to go) and every yoga instructor ends the class by stretching and then bowing and saying "Namaste". I had no idea what that meant, but we were talking about it today and apparently it means peace.

I feel like Namaste sums up my life right now.

I am in a city that I love doing work that is purposeful and meaningful. I have roommates that are fun and refreshing. I have the best friends in the world and a better family than I could ever have dreamed of.

I chatted with a friend who is enroute from Texas to Alaska on his bike...and he was so cool, calm and collected after hundreds of miles of bikig. I caught up over Mexican (sidenote #2: always have some extra cash when going out in ATX, tons of places don't take plastic) with one my oldest friends who is shooting a documentary in Orange Texas. I caught up with a friend who is considering the army. Erin is stinking engaged!

Here we all are at a crossroads. We've gathered our belongings, left the nest and are moving on. I never saw my life post-college and I love it! Next week the college crowd is reuniting for a few days of adventure. I am overwhelmed by how small the world is getting, how easy it is to get to one another yet lead crazy seperate lives.

I drove to Waco last night (with one eye...another story for another day) for an engagement party. It was a group of sweet sweet friends from Waco. As we sat around joking about toasts and Celine Dion, I felt it...namistay. But the beautiful thing is that as I left and drove back to Austin (this time with .75 vision in one of my eyes and 0 vision in the other) I felt it too. Even though it's new and weird, it's where I'm supposed to be.

This is all scattered and not super coherent but who cares? Blogs can be crazy when life is full of contentment.

I guess all I can wish you is "namaste".



Disclaimer: I would like to thank Lauren for correcting my spelling. I am forever grateful.

No comments: