30.6.10

Tennis Courts and Cargo Shorts

So one of the goals of 2010 is to get better at tennis.

Let me fill you in a little bit about my tennis career. It all started when I was 7 in tennis lessons at the Rochester Hills Tennis and Swim Club where I was pretty good at Dungeons and Dragons (this really cool game where you throw tennis balls-mind you throw-not hit!). I then joined my brother and father for an occasional game on sunday afternoons where they were awesome and I was klutzy. Joe went on to compete at state where I ended up whacking my Dad in the head while he threw me tennis balls. Fast forward to now-I have been trying to play and get better to come back and show my Dad and brother that I have similar skills to Kornakova. So Eric and I have been playing and trying to find various courts around town. Well tonight after work I head to the gym and ask the guy at the front desk, "do you have to have a special membership to use the tennis courts here or can I use them whenever?" The guy stares me down and makes me repeat myself. After explaining myself, he says, "I have no idea what you're talking about there aren't tennis courts here." I continued to argue and tell him that they were right next to the pool. THEN I realized it-those tennis courts are at the Lifetime in Colleyville Texas, definately not here. I felt like an idiot! I guess I have a few things besides tennis to tackle.

While I was working out I realized that there are a few things that plague me-

1. Why do guys think its okay to wear cargo shorts on the treadmill? Doesn't that cause chafing? Perhaps a little heavy for shorts?
2. How can I go to the gym at all hours of the day and see the same tan superfit people? Do they have jobs? How are they able to afford and spend that much time at the gym?
3. When was it decided that long socks were cool on girls? Seriously four girls tonight and I just kept thinking how hot it must be and how much they looked like Baby Spice.

Clearly I have some issues at the gym but hopefully I can take some of this aggression out on the courts.

No comments: