15.8.08

Taking It

So a few months ago, as I am gearing up to graduate, my wise father is letting me know how proud he is of me. So glad I am graduating in four years (there were doubt there for sure as I graduated with the e-x-a-c-t amount of hours and credits I needed, no more, no less), and have a job. And then the classic:
"You'll have your education, and no one can take that away from you."

What in the world does that mean? Who are they and what in the world do they want with my education?

I can only picture gnomes hiding in the bushes ready to jump me and somehow take my smarts. Needless to say, I questioned him about it.

Fastforward to tonight when I'm watching an interview between Phelps and Spitz. They are wrapping things up and Phelps adds the classic: "It's a great experience and one that they can take away from you."

I really wish I knew who is committing these crimes? How come we never hear of people having their education, dignity and olympic experiences taken from them? If they were to take them, where would they be found? Who are these people and what do they want with my education and Micheal Phelps's Olympic adventure?

If you are one of "those people" or know any of them, please let me know...

No comments: