13.8.08

One really bad, no good day...what is that book called???

Do you remember that book? I don't remember what it was called but it was about this kid who had an awful, really bad, no good day (or something like that). I think today was up there. Today was the first day that I realized that I am in the real world...a world where people are out for them. The whole, "It's not about me" philosophy means nothing. Work was just all around rough.

A series of events unfolded this morning which put me in a really bad mood (I mean ready to cry in front of everyone bad). As the day is nearing an end, there is this guy in the store who is wearing a jacket and stuffing things in his pockets.

a. Who wears jackets in Texas in August?
2. Seriously? He doesn't think we notice?

Anyways, there are these awesome guys following him that are undercover and we totally know he's busted. I am cleaning crap out of the front doors and watch this thief walk out the door. In my suave, always cool manner...I look up at him and say "good luck bud".

Little does he know he's about to get taken out in the parking lot. It was awesome! But then of course I feel bad for the guy. What makes him so desperate that he has to steal? And then of course, every day I drive home and exit my street and there is ALWAYS a red light where there is ALWAYS a homeless man standing with a heart-wrenching sign. It's the same guy...same place...same red light. And he gets me EVERYTIME! I am always the first car to the light and he smiles and waves and looks so sad and forlorn. And I always have cash and never any food or drink or something actually useful for the guy. We talk and I always give him cash and always kick myself for it. I'm not helping him by shelling out...but as Cake always says, he surely needs it more than I. I think I'm going to buy him an umbrella and sunscreen so he doesn't bake all day long...

Enough of my rant. I think today was bad soley because I walked in Starbucks and kids were studying and I realized my free life is over. There are not any more chances to sit and study at all hours of the morning. There isn't that feeling of comradrie with 12000 kids as you all go through the throes of studying and cramming for exams. No more sleeping in when you choose to skip a class. Definately no more throwing gym shorts on for class (Mom-I never did that! I'm talking about other kids...okay maybe a few times). No more coming home for lunch and watching Saved By the Bell. No more adventures on a whim to Lord knows where.

But, then I think...no more asking mom and pops for money. No more studying all night. No more guilt at not studying. No more lame professors and crappy Spanish homework. No more pressure of finding a job.

I'm ranting. But it's okay because I have time while you suckers are studying for finals!

To bad days, and better ones to follow...

No comments: