It's crazy that tonight was my last night to ever spend pouring over books in the library. The last night that I can justify spending $4.30 on Common Grounds to keep me awake while I cram like mad. The last night that I will ever feel guilty about running the BT, knowing I should be a way more disciplined and study.
Regardless, I think this night is a landmark of the beginning of the end. I'm reading Janet Fitch's strange book called "White Oleander". The girl talks about being caught in the perfect moment. Janet writes,
I wanted to freeze this moment forever, the chimes, the slight splash of water, the chink of dogs' leashes, laughter from the pool, the smell of the tree, the stillness. I wished I could shut it in a locket to wear around my neck. I wished a thousand-year sleep would find us, at this absolute second, like the sleep over the castle of Sleeping Beauty.
That is exactly how I feel about this last week of college.
Okay enough about that. Welcome to my new little adventure of blogging! I have no idea where this will lead me but I hope if anything, it will be the perfect way to start off my new life in Austin. If anything, maybe I'll be taking one more step toward "artsyness"; and it's way easier than wearing skinny jeans or picking up smoking.
11.5.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment