I am obsessed with the Post Secret Phenomena. A few years ago a man named Frank sent out a ton of blank post cards and asked people to mail in their secrets. There was a huge response. Some secrets are funny, others sad, many just gross...but he updates his blog every Sunday for you to check out some new ones (www.postsecret.com). It's kind of become a sweet Sunday practice, to slow down and just read people's secrets.
Well today he had a link to a little trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_HkH8huuzA&feature=player_embedded
There is a book coming out called 1000 things. It has 1000 simple joys. Wordless apologies, bakery air, rain on a hot sidewalk, etc. How sweet is that? BUT here's my question-what if his favorite things don't ring true? For example- I can't smell. So anything involving the smell of a fresh apple pie won't be joyful to me. I think I'm going to write my own book- 1000 Things that don't involve smell...or cats.
A few things that would be on my list-
1. Changing Seasons
2. Really cold, crisp watermelon
3. Sitting on the porch with sweet friends
4. Reading a book in bed that you can't put down-to the point that you can barely keep your eyes open.
5. A song that takes you back to a great moment in your life
6. A cold shower after being sun burnt, dirty and exhausted from a day on the lake.
7. Being Reunited.
I got to catch up with Anne this weekend. There is something so sweet about low maintenance relationships. That peace (rather than guilt) that you don't have to call every week to know their thinking about you. I am overwhelmed by how gracious God has been in giving me incredible friends.
I only hope He's done the same for you...
18.4.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment