Attending Carroll Senior High was much like an episode of Saved By the Bell. It was a eutopia where I never witnessed a fight, knew the majority of my class and never even knew where my locker was. This weekend marks our five year departure from the hallowed halls of Carroll Senior High...and to mark this glorious occasion? A Five Year Reunion. Hear me out- A FIVE Year Reunion.
I wonder what conversations will be had at the expense of the $50 ticket? Have we done enough to warrant anything exciting? It would be safe to say the majority of my peers have probably attended and graduated from college where a vast majority have yet to find jobs in this crazy economy. "Living at Home" will be resounding through the party. The rest are doing jobs that they aren't quite proud enough to talk about (as most first jobs are nothing short of mundane). Grad students will be in attendance and will only have exploits of learning more than the grads...and probably not much fun to accompany their stories.
All in all (pardon me Brian for saying this) I think a 5 year reunion will be a difficult thing to stomach...too much comparison and too much sizing up. But know full well, I will be stocking produce : an act that is all together much much worse than reuniting!
Take that Zach Morris...
25.5.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment