I've spent a lot of time on I35S in these past few months. Various events carry me the hour and a half north to the place of my favorite memories.
I went to Waco today and on my way home was thinking about writing a book. If you write a book you either have to be:
1. Super creative. A la Harry Potter
2. An expert in something. Perhaps like Michael Phelps in being awesome
3. Eloquent...Jane Austin
4. Incredibly deep and profound. C.S. Lewis anyone?
It seems that I don't measure up in any of those areas, which means it may be difficult for me to publish, nay create anything of substance for eyes to see. So the first five minutes of my drive were filled with me being discouraged that my lifelong goal may not happen for lack of creativity, knowledge, eloquence or wisdom. All of which I got over in about 20 seconds.
The next thirty were spent in a glorious phone conversation with a dear friend. Of course we covered all bases...boys, XO, roommates, boys and Christmas plans.
The last few minutes were filled with an incredible Matt Chandler sermon on life's disappointments. I am still completely amazed at how the Holy Spirit can move through podcasts and how Matt Chandler has such a grasp on grace and responsibility. He spoke on how we expect God to move in various ways in our lives through the valleys and dark places and then become indignant when God doesn't move the way we expect Him to. It was super humbling and dead on.
Once that was over I listened to a little John Mayer and had another deep and profound realization...who knew so much wisdom could be imparted in an hour and a half? The song Comfortable came on (for those of you who haven't heard it...it's about John comparing his new girlfriend to his old one and how the first one is spontaneous, authentic and pretty much awesome and how the new girl is nice, doesn't swear but can't compare) and I came to the realization that I am the second girl...and that stinks. Not that I want to be a "bad girl" but seriously? I want to know the difference between Miles and Coltrain. Check the song out and you'll understand.
As I exited Airport I breathed a sigh of relief that I had made it home as I didn't pay attention to my speed at all the entire way...and completely forgot to put my new insurance card in my glove compartment....woah...maybe I am living life on the edge?
16.12.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment