So tonight I was trying to get organized and toss some stuff and came across my old box of letters and pictures. As I was thumbing through, I found a huge stack of camp pictures. I feel like reality hit for the first time tonight as I gazed upon pictures of old campers, my sweet, sweet BR's, and super old pictures of me as a camper.
Oh how I miss Lake Palestine in the morning, smooth as glass with Doug the stork standing watch. I miss dock rock when the sun would set on shrieks and laughs from the lake (and counselors were frantically trying to woo senior counselors to accept their cqs). I miss coming from the ropes course dripping with sweat, only to jump for five minutes so my girls can win the spirit stick (with a backpack on of course). I miss free time and hanging out with awkward kids at Big Blue. More than anything, I miss that 10 minutes before they came...when staff would listen to one song together and just be still. I was always so nervous about who God would send through those gates and so confident in my inability to do it alone.
I miss being outside. I miss being a part of something bigger. I miss the family that we became.
But life goes on and week eleven brings a close to summer. Though I'll probably not have the chance to ever live in Tyler for six weeks, the Lord has gently reminded me that I am a part of something bigger and that's enough for me.
Besides...Pit N Palace for eternity sounds pretty rough.
30.11.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i miss it too, Lynn. it's where i met you! hope you are doing well.
I miss having you as a camper sooo long ago!
Post a Comment