10.9.08

RIP ROY!

With every passing year, birthday's seem to get less and less significant. It's like we finally realize that years are passing and we are moving on. Today was by far one of the most bizarre birthdays of my life.

I had to work the graveyard shift last night for the old HEB and came home to one of the sweetest surprises...balloons and decorations from the roommates. Ten balloons held the things they loved about me (most of them soo ridiculous!).

After a few hours of sleep, a chipotle lunch, and a few hours by the pool...I was feeling refreshed, and super sunburnt. That's when I got the call...they needed me in to work early because of a little hurricane called Ike heading our direction. It was the biggest disappointment!

Despite the bizarre work schedule, my birthday was incredible! I was sweetly reminded of the generosity the Lord has given in regards to friends. I am so blessed to be loved by some of the most incredible people in the world. My family is so amazing and my roommates definately "took the cake" for making my birthday amazing.

I almost forgot! I recieved the best present in the world today...Roy the Rat (who has plagued Ellingson Cottage for quite some time) has been eating through fruit, food and my rainbows, has passed away. After a long, eventful life is no more. PRAISE GOD!

The take away? Birthdays are like wine...they only get better with time.

No comments: